Expression Engine has ticked me off again, letting out a full-blown update for what ought to be nothing more than a patch. And they never did develop anything like an auto-installer for these things.
giving serious thought to going back to WordPress, at least for slogging purposes.
Update: And I just noticed the last update I did with them broke formatting on an earlier post.
Update, next morning: And it turns out my default comment-closing setting apparently got killed too, meaning all posts would, by default, remain open to spam commenters until I closed them, each, individually.
There being no fast way to migrate EE content to WordPress, I’m bringing them over one at a time. I’ve got January 2011 migrated now and will start on February shortly. Henceforth all new content will be here.
Update, Monday morning: Not everything has made the cut, and since there was no way to migrate all the comments (I brought over a few select threads) a lot of them are gone (but a lot of them had already disappeared inexplicably from the EE database anyway), but everything that is in the EE database is preserved therein (and in downloaded backup), just in case.
Now. As I was saying…